Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday-Day 13: Leaving Cozumel

As I mentioned in the previous post, Hubby and I and many other passengers were late getting back to the ship.  As in an hour late.  All was good as the ship was waiting for us.  Once everyone was account for and "all aboard" the Regal tried to leave the dock around 5pm.  The swells/waves were rough and so was the wind.  Captain Perrin was being extra careful.  We were able to set sail around 5:45pm.  



For the rest of the evening and into the night we felt the ship's movement everywhere on the ship.  We were not the only ones who kept bumping into each other or bumping into furniture.  While in the buffet area, I lost two onion rings.  They didn't jump off my plate.  They slide off when the ship rolled slightly.  Yeah, that was a sight to see.

After a long day in port and with the ship movement, I was really, really tired.  It showed on my face.  Marvin made a point of commenting on how tired I looked.  We grabbed our desserts and headed to a quiet table to enjoy our sweets.  Hubby has a sugar-free Tiramisu dessert:




And a lemon bar to go with it:


I had a nice looking chocolate hazelnut torte:



Then Marvin stops by our dining table and asked if I like crepes.  Well...ummm...yes!  He said he would make a special one for me and disappears.  I grab my camera and quietly follow him into the Pastry Shop.  Here he is scooping out the crepe batter:


Do you think Marvin enjoys spoiling us?


I think Marvin knew I was spying on him.  He is proud of his creations:


Marvin said it would take a few minutes and I should sit and rest with Hubby.  I went back to our table and within a few minutes this marvelous creation arrived with a scoop of delicious ice cream:


After we had a week's worth of sweets in one sitting, I went back into the Pastry Shop to take more pictures.  Here's Marvin (from Philippines), Karthik (from India makes the specialty coffees), and Oleg (from Ukraine).  I call them the Three Musketeers as there was always something funny going on in the Pastry Shop.  I was able to print several copies of this picture for them to keep:


When we waddled back to our cabin, I had all the intentions to start packing.  Of course that never happened.  So luggage tags and blank Immigration form sat on our desk until one of us was motivated.  More than likely tomorrow.   Zzzzzzzzzzz!



No comments: