Saturday, January 23, 2016

Saturday-Day 14: @Sea and the Last Day of Our Cruise

In my mind, this day and the last day of our wonderful cruising experience was the hardest.  I tried to fill my day by attending different events...crammed into one day.  You think I would have learned by now, but I don't.  It's not that easy.

So, I dutifully pulled out all three suitcases from under our bed.  Hubby retrieved all his clothes except what he will be wearing tomorrow when we disembark and piled it on our bed.  It took me awhile to figure out how I packed the three cases when we left home a little over two weeks ago.  The three suitcases each weighed in around 41 lbs at the airport.  That was my target this afternoon give or take a pound or two.

My past packing experience showed I can take anywhere from 2 to 5 hours to complete.  Depends on how motivated I am and also the weather.  If it's sunny and warm, the packing takes longer because I can find a million and one things to do outside in the sun on the upper deck.  If it's chilly, windy, and rainy outside...well you get the idea.

I was stalling all afternoon.  What?  You're hungry?  Sure...we can go and have a late lunch.  Put a few more things into the luggage.  It's 3pm?  We need to hurry to the Grapevine Wine Tasting!  A few more items go into the luggage.  I need to run down to deck 5 and get some tip envelopes.  Eventually the packing is done by 6pm.  I place a Princess tag on each piece of luggage and Hubby places them outside our stateroom door.  The crew will stop by and pickup the luggage to be placed in storage until the ship docks in Ft Lauderdale.

It was sad to see our stateroom looking so bare:


The only items left in our closet?  Clothes to wear tomorrow and important documents and jewelry in our stateroom safe:  


A few toiletries needed for overnight which will be placed in our carry on tote bag:



I'm going to miss this shower/tub and the hot water:


The last items to pack?  All my gadgets!  I've learned over the years to keep them all in the desk area.  My laptop, cameras, chargers, extra batteries, media cards, Instax printer, and cables were stored in the desk drawers.  I haven't had any issues with missing items plus all my gadgets would not fit in the stateroom safe.

Here's Hubby reviewing the videos he made with his GoPro.


As we walk out of our stateroom, we noticed our luggage was gone.  That's when it hit me...this was our last night on the ship.

We make our rounds on the ship.  We spend very little time outside on the upper decks as it was very chilly and windy.  We do stop by to see Marvin in the Pastry Shop.  He was sad to see us go.  He spends extra time chatting with us even while he's handing out desserts to the other passengers.  We mention to him that my aunt and uncle will be on the Regal in February and to look for them.  Marvin  thanks me again for the pictures and the envelope we gave him.  Sigh!




Marvin gave me his last dessert from his secret fridge:



No comments: