Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tuesday-Day 3: WiFi and Internet Access

So you heard me mention about WiFi in the last post.  The Regal Princess has WiFi access and from places/venues/cabin I've been accessing it without any issues.  The speed is pretty decent as well.  The WiFi is free, but I had to sign up for an account.  That way I can access our cabin portfolio and see our onboard charges.  I also have the ability to send messages to others on the ship if I know their name.  I can also see the ship's events, itinerary, venue locations and other important information.  All this information can be accessed using my smartphone or tablet:



The ship's Internet (satellite) is not free.  While we're on the ship this week, Hubby and I receive 150 complementary  Internet minutes each to use at our leisure.  Naturally, I use mine to blog and post pictures.  Eventually Hubby will use his to check emails.  When I run out of my free minutes, I will lovingly ask Hubby if I can use some of his free minutes.  A win-win situation.  Sweet!

To access the Internet, I had to create an account and then sign up for a package of minutes.  As Platinum members we automatically receive a complementary package depending on the length of cruise.  Yes, that's really Sweet!

To maximize my minutes, I write my blog posts offline and when I'm ready to post live, I login to the Internet and then publish my post(s).  The more pictures I have in my post, well, the longer it will take to upload.  So there may be a few days where you will only see text here as I will conserve my remaining minutes.  No worries.  As soon as I get back from our trip I will be adding more pictures and cleaning up my misspelled words.

3 comments:

Kim said...

What I want to know is; " Could you hear Trevor during Zumba class ????"

2BSewing: said...

Don't know. Will let you know this coming week.

Anonymous said...

Your composing is purely awe-inspiring that I desired to read such high quality material...

yellow jacket broadband