Saturday, January 23, 2016

Saturday-Day 14: @Sea and Galley Tour

Very early in the morning or maybe it started last night and I had not noticed, but the hangers in our closet have been clanging a melody.  Our stateroom walls had been creaking.  Every now and then, the ship would shudder a bit and then the rocking and rolling would continue.  Sometimes it felt more like we were gliding along, then roll a bit, and then rock a bit.  I was lying in bed taking this all in.  Then sleep took over.  Wake up again and hear the hanger melody and then drifted back to sleep.

I can't recall what time I woke up, but it was late.  I've noticed on non-port days, we ate breakfast after 9:30am.  It was more noticeable when we ran into Marvin who arrived for the start of his daily shift at 10am prompt.  Yes, Marvin...we just got up, late again.

I checked my iPhone and noticed I was late to an event.  No worries, I can arrive towards the end of the cooking show and still be early for next event, the tour of the galley.  After breakfast (deck 16), Hubby and I worked our way down to the International Cafe on deck 5 for some "skinny double mocha madness" to go.  Yummy!  I had two coffee cards in my pocket.  The current one had one remaining non-punched area left.  Hubby found an old one from the Crown Princess (years ago) that still had a few non-punched areas on the card.   I handed both cards to the barista.  Then I received none back.  Looked like the barista needed to have his first cup of coffee.  Ummm...I think I need my coffee card back...the old worn out card from the Crown.  You can keep the other one.

We walked around the atrium which was in full swing with people milling around and enjoying their coffees, some folk reading from real books and many from their Kindles.  I spied a handful of passengers with their laptops...hopefully blogging and not doing real work.

I walked Hubby back up to our stateroom on deck 15.  Hubby wanted to do some balcony time.  I grabbed my camera bag (which I should keep with me at all times) and headed back down to deck 7.  I walked into the Princess Theater in time to see the last five minutes of the cooking demo/show:


I see a black forest cake ready to eat:




Introducing the newly promoted dining team:


After the show, we were led out of the Princess Theater (see why I came late and stood in the back on deck 7) and I followed one of the dining hostess.  We walked from the front of the ship, across the atrium, to the back of the ship and then down a set of stairs.  We were in the traditional dining room.  We continued to a set of metal double doors into the galley where the tasty meals and desserts are created.

The crew that supervises, maintains, and watches over the high standards in the galley:


Do you see the huge mixer?



Early in the cruise, I mentioned to Hubby I had noticed especially in the buffet area that there were a lot of potato dishes offered.  Now, I know why.  Here's some samples of how to use, cut, cook potatoes.  I understand they had 50 of them!  Who knew?


Prepping sandwiches (where's Hubby?) and other meals:


This galley went on and on:  


What's for lunch?


More potatoes:


OMG, more?

(I have to pause here.  Will be back with more pictures)



No comments: