Saturday, January 16, 2016

Saturday-Day 7: Random Cruise Pictures

I had to break up my blog post into several posts especially when I have included several pictures.  I noticed the Internet started to bog down a bit as departing passengers were checking in for their flights and printing their boarding passes, Skyping, blogging (like me), FB, etc.  Yes, all 3,600 passengers share the same satellite pipe.  Yes, we occasionally lose connection.

Shiv, our cabin steward, had been watching us go back and forth for the last 1-1/2 hours (laundry).  Remember I mentioned how attentive he was?  He kept asking if we were going to dinner.  No, I'm not hungry.  No, I'm going to take pictures (of the laundry room).  No, not yet (I have to get the clothes out of the dryer).  After we put our clothes away, we are finally ready to leave.  Yes, we're heading out for the evening.   Shiv is very happy that he can finally work his magic in our cabin.  

Hubby has no idea what I've planned for this evening.  What?  I'm finally on a schedule?

We head down to deck 7 to the Princess Theater.  I give up my cruise card and in return receive a device with buttons on it.  We proceed into the theater for a night of "The Voice of the Ocean"!
  
The Princess Band is playing wonderful music while we wait for the show to start.  Seven contestants (fellow passengers) are competing.  Now, I have to admit that we're not expecting much, but just an enjoyable time.  Wow!  It was way cool!  

Each contestant performed and chairs were really turning:

I used my device to select Derrin.  He could cut a record he was that awesome.  

After the show we head over to Alfredos for an almost late dinner.  We noticed several ship's officers are also dining in this venue.  See, I already knew this was great dining venue.  Go where the officers go.  

After our tasty meal, Hubby didn't want any dessert.  I told him we have to see Marvin and his recommended key lime dessert.  We could share it.  

Guess what?  We were in for a treat!  Marvin was worried that we would be a no show or miss out (by being so late).  His face lit up and instead of giving us one on display he went to his secret fridge and pulled out a nice cold plate with two slices of key lime pie.  Sweet!  

I was able to get a picture of Marvin and Hubby and thanked him profusely for such a wonderful gift.  The gift was from his heart.  Most passengers miss the opportunity to get to know the crew members or even notice the long hours they work.  Wherever we cruise we always make a point to engage in conversations.  I can't imagine being away from my family for 8-10 months.  Marvin is now part of our growing cruise family.  

Technically, we are "sharing" a plate: 

Thank you Marvin!

Back in our cabin, I see another gift that Shiv had left for us from the Lotus Spa.  Ming was watching over it:
  
We had a wonderful evening and looking forward to our next cruise.  

2 comments:

Kim said...

How very nice!!! I almost partook of Key Lime pie last night at Willow Creek Farm in Ashburn. My Entree came with this 'puff pastry' that I can't even describe. Boy was it good! It was served with my Hearty Vegetable composition of mixed mushroom filled tart and roasted veggies that was amazing! I'm looking forward to reading about next weeks voyage!

2BSewing: said...

Key Lime is yummy! Glad you enjoyed your meal. Sounds great!