Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday-Day 6: @Sea

Hubby and I had plans for this morning to visit the ship's gym and the upper deck track area.  That plan was made the night before.  Well, by the time we (I should say moi) woke up, it was close to 9am.  I slept all the way into the morning without waking up in the middle of the night.  I may have coughed once, but that didn't deter me from a full night/morning's rest.  The antibiotics are working.  

So instead of an early morning workout, we had a late, but delightful breakfast.  We were "walking" around the buffet area looking to see what would catch our eye. I spied the special breakfast station that we dubbed "custom made to order".  They were able to make poached eggs for us.  Then I spied the Hollandaise sauce in a bowl.  So we ordered Eggs Benedict without the bacon/ham.  The chef stopped for a few seconds to digest what he heard and I repeated the order.  Then he smiled.  I think the lightbulb went off in his head and he about to poach our eggs.  I guess a lot of passengers love their ham/bacon.  Hubby whispered to me "do you think he has any spinach to go with that?"  I told Hubby let's not confuse the chef right now.  Here's our custom order:
After digesting our beautiful breakfast, it was time to start moving around as in we need to burn some calories.  We headed down from deck 16 all the way down to deck 5.  Our next stop was the International Cafe for a Double Chocolate Mocha Madness.  OMG!  It was so good that I forgot to take a picture of it.  

Our next stop was the photo gallery to find our embarkation, formal, and dining room pictures.  Our pictures can out beautifully.  We chatted with one of the ship's photographer and he suggested we wait for the next formal and then look at all the pictures.  He also mentioned they could "hold" all our pictures from this current cruise into next week's cruise.  I also remembered I had a coupon and knew they would be having a drawing the last day of the cruise.  We told him we'll be back.  

Did I mention this was going to be another lazy day at sea? The gentle rocking motion of the ship is amazing!  Earlier in the week and our first sea day, the Captain mentioned we would be moving almost full speed around 20 knots and we would feel it.  He wasn't kidding.  I could feel it while I was lying in bed or walking on deck.  We like this motion a lot and by now we mentally don't notice it much.  But our body does.   We go from being wide awake in the morning (with coffee) to being sleepy the rest of the day from the motion of the ship.  


Today's Princess Patter is once again filled with lots of fun activities.  While I'm intrigued by the list, I decided not to be on a schedule.  I do make an effort to enjoy our quiet balcony and listen to the swells beating against the ship below.  The sun is hot today and there's a slight breeze.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to see a few sunburned passengers later this evening.  



Later in the day, a Hubby and I went up one deck to the Trident Grill and ordered grilled chicken sandwiches with French fries.  We came back to our cabin with our hot meal and watched the cute movie "Inside and Out".  

Could this cruising life get any better?

2 comments:

Kim said...

Well, You answered my question about 'sea legs' in this post. It has been nice to see all your pictures of the Caribbean. It brings back memories for me. Our 20 anniversary honeymoon was upon these same waters which are so beautiful! I'm glad you have another week again. Two weeks makes for a 'perfect' vacation relaxing break.I'm glad you are feeling better!

2BSewing: said...

I agree about two weeks. Not too short and not too long. Yes, I'm feeling much better. Thank you. 😀