Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tuesday-Day 3: Formal Night

Hubby and I had a wonderful formal evening.  Before heading into the dining room, we stopped by one of several photography setups/backdrops around the main Piazza.  I was actually looking for Nilo one of the ship's photographers who I met earlier in the day.  (Yes, we had a great conversation which will be another post for another day).

Nilo took a few seconds to figure out who I was.  Yes, I look a lot different than earlier in the day with hair pulled back, no make up and had on tank top, shorts, and flip flops.  I cleaned up pretty good this evening.  Nilo then said to me "you're the professional photographer".  Then I corrected him and said "no Nilo, you're the professional, I'm just a fine arts photographer".  😊

Nilo did a great job.  Actually, I think he was having fun as he took additional creative shots.  Now let's hope I didn't mess up the pictures.  I had a few "hot flashes" during the session.  

We were in the Anytime dining room (Symphony on deck 5) by 5:30pm.  We wanted a table for two, but the wait time was 20 minutes and the hostess had pagers in her hands.  The other choice was to sit at a larger table with other couples.  We chose the latter and seated immediately.  A few minutes later other couples arrived at our table.  They were from New York, Alabama, and from Minnesota.  We enjoyed everyone's company and conversations.  

Since we had a late lunch, I decided to go with a small salad and Princess to-die-for fettuccine Alfredo in a parmasean basket.  Hubby had a vegetarian dish which I can't recall the name at this moment.  All is good because I took pictures.  

We left the dining room two hours later and caught the tail end of the champagne waterfall.  Our Captain was speaking and introduced his staff.  We wandered around the Piazza taking pictures of the event.  

I stopped into Facets to chat with Arelya and she showed me a few pieces from Effy.  Arelya is doing a good job and gave a me a coupon to use later.  She knows we'll be Elite status next week.  The calculator in my head figured out what I needed to know.  With the next stops in St Thomas and St Maarten, I'm just doing some information gathering and research.  

We were back in our room by 9:30 and quickly changed into our casual clothes.  Looking forward to our time in St Thomas tomorrow!  

No comments: