Monday, January 11, 2016

Monday-Day 2: Regal Princess

After we left Princess Cays, Hubby took me to the Medical Center to see if they could give me something for my unproductive coughing.


The medical assistant took my vitals and asked a lot of questions on my health.  I met with Dr Ranier who asked additional questions about  my health and then checked my ears throat and listened to my breathing.
I was then asked to blow into a tube.  Apparently, 295 was not the magic number.  I was told for my age and height I should hit over 400.  That wasn't going to happen anytime soon.  So they too me into a room where I had to use a nebulizer:

I don't recall how long I was breathing this special medicine, but it was working for me.  After they removed the mask, I felt like I had some fresh air.  
Hubby spoke to a nurse and gathered my prescribed medicine of antibiotics and an inhaler.  My dear Hubby is now my nurse for this week's cruise.  

This was my first experience as a patient in the ship's medical center.  Naturally I had to take a few pictures.  Oh, remember I mentioned about the snorkeling excursion we had to can/miss this morning?  Dr Ranier was kind enough to stamp our excursion tickets which we returned to the excursion desk and received a refund.  Sweet!



After our medical adventure, we went to the Ocean Terrace Seafood Cafe for some sushi.  We had a wonderful experience here.  Chef Edwin created the most beautiful meal for us.  Here's the creation:

Here's the end results:

The sushi was delicious!  Chef Edwin invited us to come back tomorrow.  ðŸ˜Š

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hi, Susan and Steve! I'm sorry to read about your ills :( I am well acquainted with that machine. In a couple of days you'll be in the pink! Praying for you ! ( your posts make me want to do a sail on a cruise ship , which is not my cup of tea normally ) Good job on the sushi. I lol at the 'after shot'
kim

2BSewing: said...

Kim...Steve mentioned that it would be fun to cruise with you and Dennis. Hint, hint. BTW, Princess unofficially hosts a "knitters and knitters" group on the ship. 😊 Not that I'm enabling....