Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Tuesday-Day 10: When We Least Expect It...

My mind was running through a list of things to get ready for tomorrow's excursion in Grand Cayman.  Beach bag...check.  Snorkel gear...check.  Baby shampoo mixture (for our mask)...check.  Rinse water (for our cameras)...check.  Waterproof case (for cash, cruise card, and ID)...check.  Towels...check.  Tickets...check.  Underwater cameras...check.  I think we're ready.

Late in the afternoon around 4:15pm I was trying to decide whether to go up and do Zumba or just do nothing.  Lounging on our balcony and watching the water was a better idea.  It was mesmerizing.  So much so that I was wondering why the flying fish were flying in the wrong direction.  I wiped my crusty eyes and saw a pod of dolphins diving near the bow of the ship.  I jumped out of my chair and lovingly yelled to Hubby "dolphins"!  We're able to see a few of them swimming and diving in the water below us. I ran back into the stateroom to grab my camera, but it was too late for a picture.  They were gone.  I'm glad Hubby was able enjoy the last part of the dolphin dance just as I enjoyed the first part through sleepy eyes.  

So instead of carrying my camera with me inside the ship, I now need to keep it with me on the balcony.  

While a picture would have been awesome, the memory and being able to post this experience on my blog is still just as good.  I'm still in awe of how big the ocean is and what are the chances of seeing such beauty while at sea.

No comments: