Saturday, January 16, 2016

Saturday-Day 7: @Sea and Other Cruising Thoughts

Wow!  We've had an extremely busy day at sea. I forgot to mention in the previous post that we finally made it to the gym.  Yay team!  Yes, I slept in again, but at least we were able to work in some gym time before having a late breakfast.

I stopped by the Pastry Shop to pick up a freshly made waffle and ran into Marvin.  I asked him if he gets to sleep at all or does he just bake the goodies all night and all morning long.  He said his work hours start at 10am and ends at 11pm.  So as I grabbed a waffle and I noticed Marvin was getting together the cakes and desserts for lunch.  OMG!  This is the latest breakfast time I've ever had in all our years of cruising.  Yikes!  

After the Medevac event this afternoon, Hubby and I had a late lunch (~3pm) which I guess coincides with having a late breakfast.  Do you see the mysterious time problem I'm having?  Lunch consisted of salad with the awesome Princess balsamic dressing, fried chicken pieces (which reminded me a bit of shake and bake...tasty), and green beans cooked in sesame oil (delish).  We made a stop at the Pastry Shop looking for the fantastic Princess peanut butter cookies and ran into Marvin again.  We were laughing and having a good time joking with him.  Marvin then had a serious conversation with us asking us if we liked key lime pie.  Ummmm, double yes!  He said it would be available at dinner time.  Another OMG!  I don't know what time dinner will be...I just finished lunch.  

We came back to our cabin to spend some quality balcony time.  The ocean was amazingly smooth.  




At some point in the late, late afternoon I had a brilliant idea to do a load of laundry.  On each floor where the cabins are located there are laundry rooms on each side of the ship.  I went on an adventure to find ours.  I walked from our cabin located forward of the ship all the way to the back of the ship where the aft cabins were located.  No laundry room?  Really?

I backtracked until I came to the rear staircase/elevator area and looked on the location map.  Ahhhh.  I had walked past it. I continued to backtrack a few more cabins and found it.  Reading is fundamental and so is finding the sign above the door.  

Two sets of washer/dryer:

Here's the token machine with a touch screen.  The tokens are used to get special coins used to purchase soap and/or fabric softener and a coin each for the washing and drying machines:


One load of laundry costs $7.50 not including the fabric softener as I bring softener sheets from home.  Princess has made improvements in this area.  Back in the day I used to bring a roll of quarters.  Now, I just swipe my cruise card to get single Princess coins.  

As I headed back to our cabin I noticed fellow passengers were setting their luggage out.  Yes, most are on the last day of their cruise.  Yes, we are staying on for another week.  Life is good!  

No comments: