Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Wednesday-Day 4: St Thomas

We arrived into St Thomas and docked at Crown Bay around 9am.  I could tell it was going to be a beautiful day without any haze.  For us, this was the first time we could see the homes at the very top of St Thomas as well as see other islands nearby.  It was that clear.  Picture perfect in my opinion.


We had no excursions planned for the day and wanted to enjoy the island.  When we heard that a dear friend of ours was visiting the island during our stop, we were thrilled and knew this day would be extra special.  

Our friend, M, picked us up at Crown Bay and we went into downtown Charlotte Amalie to walk around and do some window shopping.  I was able to pick up a nice gift for my mom's upcoming 80th birthday.  A big thanks to M for negotiating an island discount for us.  

Our next stop was the Royal Caribbean shop to find M's friend, G.  Hubby and I had met G a few years back when we had a stop in St Thomas.  Let's just say G took care of me just as he did a few years back.  Thank you G!  

I don't know why, but shopping always makes me hungry.  Along the way to the restaurant I came across this sign:  


After lunch, we headed up the mountain and had a wonderful visit with M's parents.  The view from here (clear day) was spectacular.  Here's a view of Havensight and Yacht Grande area with the Freedom of the Seas docked:

Another view with M taking a picture:  

We had a great day in St Thomas made extra special with our friends M and his parents.  Thank you for a wonderful time!

(Note: additional pictures will be posted here soon).

No comments: