Thursday, January 23, 2014

Tuesday (01/21): Roatan, Honduras and Maya Key Snorkeling Pictures (part 3)

As I mentioned in the previous post, I thoroughly enjoyed snorkeling at Maya Key. It reminded me of the many times we had snorkeled off of Klein Bonaire. There we did "drift snorkeling". No guides and no crowds. No worries.

Maya Key has a beautiful reef with lots of beautiful coral and a variety of colorful fish. One could snorkel for hours (like we did) and not get tired of the endless beauty.

Hubby and I swam and snorkeled to the edge of the reef before it dropped off into the dark blue waters. When I popped my head up to see where we were, the gazebo/pier was tiny. We swam through areas of warm and cold water. We saw several groups of fish huddled around the coral. Some I had not seen before in our many years of snorkeling.

RoatanEx 3298

The following pictures were taken by Hubby. He is a great underwater photographer. He is patient and daring at the same time. He will dive to get that Kodak moment. Enjoy!

RoatanEx 3231

RoatanEx 3248

RoatanEx 3251

RoatanEx 3253

RoatanEx 3261

RoatanEx 3260

RoatanEx 3270

RoatanEx 3271

RoatanEx 3284

RoatanEx 3290

RoatanEx 3293

RoatanEx 3295

See the gazebo/pier in the distance? That's what I saw while snorkeling the outer edge of the reef:

RoatanEx 3313

No comments: