Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday (01/18): Caribbean Princess (Part 1)

I just wanted to let my blog readers know that I posted an update to "Tuesday (01/14): Roatan, Honduras (part 2)" post. I've added a few pictures that I took from Mahogany Beach.

We docked around 6:15am. Forty-five minutes early. The weather was crystal clear and chilly.

We left our cabin around 8am. I gave Woodie a token of our appreciation for the past week. He said, "see you in a few hours". Nice! We headed down to deck 5 and found a few chair near the Coffee Bar. There was a long line there. Mostly those who were leaving the ship this morning. I waited for the line to clear and ordered my last free hot chocolate. Rhea was looking forward to seeing me on the next cruise...which I told her would be in a few hours.

Around 10am, we picked up our bags and walked up to the Wheelhouse Bar on deck 7, our designated meeting place for our 11am turnaround. We've been told there's a slight delay in getting everyone off. That sounded like an issue with getting everyone through Immigration.

I was hoping to walk around the Promenade deck outside. All the doors are roped off. On the starboard side, a huge tanker is parked along side of us refueling for the next trip. That will take a few hours.

We've been told that we can walk-off, go through Immigration, and then turnaround and board the ship around 12noon. A nice perk of doing a B2B cruise. I had received an email from Princess a few days ago, saying the embarkation would start around 2pm. That was for the new cruisers coming onboard.

Here's a few pictures from this morning:

A view of port from our balcony:

Houston 1386

Houston 1385

Removing luggage from the belly of the ship:

Houston 1382

The next cruise should be a treat. There's a large group coming onboard for an "Oldies Themed Cruise". This group (who paid a bit more) will be treated to concerts, lectures, and special events onboard. The headliners are Mary Wilson, Paul Revere (from the Paul Revere and the Raiders band), and BJ Thomas. There are others who will be performing, but being an oldie myself, I can't remember their names. lol!!!

I have to quickly upload my post. I have to fill out a customs form for the Immigration folks. Hopefully the ship hasn't turned off the WiFi connection.

No comments: