Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Monday (01/20): Cozumel (part 3)

Once we were back at our pier, we did some window-shopping for an hour or so. As we were heading back to our ship, I notice an ambulance parked on the pier between the Carnival ship and ours. That's a sad thing to see. I've heard that there are occasions when folks need to be taken off the ship and transported to the island's local hospital. This was one of those occasions.

I drop Hubby off in our cabin. I grab my pro camera and head back down to the pier for some kodak moments. As I was heading down to deck 4, I saw cabin steward carrying luggage. Then I saw an elderly gentleman being removed from the ship along with his wife. The elderly man had tears in his eyes as he was loaded into the ambulance. I had a bad feeling and said a quick prayer for a speedy recovery. It's one of those events you never want to see on a cruise.

I walked along the pier to get some pictures of the ships in port. Here is the Carnival Dream and our ship, the Caribbean Princess. Notice the ambulance on the pier between the two ships:

Cozumel 6747

There were taxis available to take people from the shopping area to the ships:

Cozumel 6753

Okay, I posted a similar picture last week (Cozumel) when we were docked at the International pier. I really do think that the ships are docked much closer here in Puerta Maya. What do you think?

Cozumel 6763

Last week, I posted a picture of the back of the Caribbean Princess and how the Skywalker's Lounge looked like a handle from a shopping bag. Here's a picture of the Ruby Princess with Skywalker's Lounge set into the back of the ship:

Cozumel 6773

Here's a picture of our ship, the Caribbean Princess. See the "handle" in the back of our ship? That's the Skywalker's Lounge where we typically hangout on sea days!

Cozumel 2037

Here the Ruby Princess is leaving port. Notice the opened door/hatch?

Cozumel 6792

At some point the local pilot will disembark the ship once it's safely out of port. I've seen some pilots in the past take a leap onto their pilot boat.

Cozumel 6802

Our ship ended up leaving a bit later than scheduled. We were waiting for a ship's excursion to come back from their adventure/trip. They were probably one of the later excursions that went to see the Mayan ruins.

That's all for now. Packing our snorkel gear for tomorrow's adventure!

No comments: