Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday (01/18): Zzzzzzzz!

Yes, I'm up early.  As in 3:50am.  The ship is extremely quiet.  I feel no movement.  I turn on my iPhone to see if I can get cell service.  I see one bar with 4G.  Then I see Edge service for a bit.  Now, it's back to 4G.  

We must be close to Galveston.  

I'm checking my emails and then surfing a bit.  Via my iPhone.  

It's now an hour later and I can hear a bit of hallway activities.  As in service carts being brought into the hallway ready to service our cabins.  

I also notice, I have 2 bars with LTE cell service.  We must be moving at a snail's pace.  

Last night we were up at MUTS watching a movie.  A few of us.  As in 8 of us.  With the wind blowing across the open deck, it felt like it was 50 degrees.  The eight fellow cruisers were wrapped in blankets.  Including Hubby and myself.  We actually sat through the whole movie.  

I was happy to head back to our cabin and defrost my ears.  Two envelopes were sitting on our bed.  Our turnaround letter, boarding pass, and a new cruise card for the next cruise.  

We gathered a few essentials and had packed a backpack and my tote bag for this morning's turnaround and also for backup plan B (Kemah).  We also straightened up the clutter in our cabin so Woodie wouldn't have to spend too much time in our cabin this morning.  

I just opened the balcony curtains a bit.  It's dark, but I can see the lights of the Houston coastline.  I can also see the moon.  No fog in sight!  

I just checked the weather report and it looks like we'll need a jacket for this morning.  

I think I'll catch a few more Zzzzzs for the next hour before my iPhone alarm buzzes. 

I'll be back.....



No comments: