Monday, January 13, 2014

Sunday (01/12): Evening @Sea

I'm using a program called MarsEdit to post to my blog here. I have several posts that are saved offline until I can get Internet connection and then all the posts are uploaded at one time. I've just realized that MarsEdit doesn't keep the offline post dates. So when the posts are uploaded they are loaded under the current date as in today.

So, I'm going back to my previous posts adding the Day and Date to my title post. That you can follow along and know what day the events have occurred. Hopefully, the posts are being posted sequentially.

This evening was formal night. Hubby and I got dressed up. First time in several years. Was it worth carrying the 3rd luggage? Yes! We headed down to the Island dining room a little before 5:30pm. There was a decent line of people waiting to get in. The Island dining room is used for Anytime Dining. Like going to a restaurant. Dine anytime you'd like. A few minutes after 5:30, our line was moving. I asked Hubby if he wouldn't mind sharing a table with other cruisers. That way we can get into the dining room instead of waiting for a table for two. We were immediately seated at table 251 a table for eight. We met our waiter, Shaine, from Jamaica. Love listening to his Jamaican accent.

Three other couples arrived and joined us at our table. One couple was from north Houston, another from Annapolis, and the other couple from the midwest. We enjoyed their company and our discussions ranged from back surgeries to politics to landscape plantings.

My dinner consisted of Salmon and Asparagus soup, Barramundi fish, and Creme Brûlée. Yes, it was yummy.

Our meal and companionship lasted for 1-1/2 hours. We parted ways and wondered if we would recognize each other in casual attire the rest of the week.

Hubby and I walked around the Piazza (main atrium). We had missed the beginning of the Captain's Welcome speech and Champagne pour. Fellow cruisers were still pouring the champagne into the top glasses. Yes, I didn't take a picture. I will on the 2nd leg of our cruise next week.

Since we hardly dress to the nines, we decided to get our formal portraits taken. We'll get a chance to see them tomorrow afternoon in the Photo Gallery.

We headed back to our cabin and changed into our regular cruise clothes. Yes, it doesn't take us long. We headed up to the Movies Under the Stars (MUTS) on the Lido deck number 15 where Wolverine was showing at 8pm. Hubby and I found two lounge chairs on the next deck up. I head down to Lido in search of wool blankets and popcorn.

After watching the moving halfway, Hubby was getting cold from all the wind blowing across the Lido deck. We left MUTS and headed to Scoops to get a swirled cone/dish. Hubby was very good at lunch and dinner today. He had no desserts. Until now. The chocolate was yummy...dark chocolate!

Sorry for not having pictures with this post. I'll make it up in the next ones....

No comments: