Monday, January 27, 2014

Sunday (01/26): Heading Home

We wake up around 6:30am. We're supposed to meet our Princess transfer down in the lobby at 8am to take us to the airport. We shower, pack our essentials and check out a few minutes before our meeting time. Our limo arrives. Yes, limo! We are heading to IAH for our flight home. Oh joy! I'm still feeling pretty bad. The good thing is I don't have take any additional medicine as the one I took last night is still working.

Once we check our luggage in and go through security, we head over to a cute diner called Ruby's. We order our breakfast and I only eat less than 2/3 of my meal. Hubby is looking at me. He knows me well. I tend to clean my plate. That's the way I was brought up. I tell him I'll be fine. I just need a nap.

Once we boarded our plane, I settled into my middle seat with Hubby by the window. Now, I normally don't like the middle seat, but I splurged and upgraded to economy plus with the additional leg room. When Hubby is happy, I'm happy. He had a few inches of extra leg room. I'm also happy because I don't feel like a sardine.

I don't remember too much about taxing towards the runway. But when we started to take off, I said a quick prayer like I normally do and then I was out like a light. Our return flight was only 2 hours and 20 minutes long. I woke up to order water from the flight attendant. Stayed up long enough to finish it. Then I was out again. I woke up with my head against Hubby's arm. I heard an announcement that we were beginning our decent. Hubby opened the plane's window shade and we could see a blanket of white snow below us. It was beautiful!

I had reserved a shuttle to take us home. After two other drop-offs we were finally home.

I will be back with additional posts and pictures from our trip. I will also be updating some previous posts. As I am now reviewing my blog, I realize I have missed a few things about our adventure. I have so many pictures taken from 4 different cameras. Each camera served a purpose. One for snorkeling, one for beach and water, one for carrying around the ship, and my pro camera that stayed on the ship. There were days when it dawned on me that I had taken pictures with this one particular camera. Yes, it can get overwhelming but it's worth it to share our adventure with you.

Stay tuned and I will keep you updated.

No comments: