Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday (01/17): Last Day at Sea

We awoke to calm seas. The quiet water looks like the ship was gliding on glass causing just a few ripples and small whitecaps in the water. It's going to be a beautiful day! The sun is out in full force.

Hubby and I had a late breakfast around 9:30am. The buffet area was packed with people. We shared a table with another couple. I felt sorry for the guy. He was quite bitter this morning. Probably a complainer. I just want to say "People! Life is too short!" There. My only complaint! Life is good!

We are up on deck 19, lounging around Skywalker's and watching the wake at the back of the ship. I see a barge in the distance. It looks like it's floating on glass! Hubby is reading/studying Book of Daniel for his class assignment. At the other end of Skywalker's, a Bible Study class has just started.

When I dropped Hubby off at Skywalker's, I went back down to deck 5 to see what was happening. I worked my way back up each deck. Deck 5 was hopping as the Coffee Bar was in full swing along along with the breakfast danishes disappearing at the International Cafe. I hesitated about getting a chocolate danish. I must be good. No need for extra carbs! It did look delightful!

On deck 6, there were long lines at the Passenger Services desk. Folks were checking their cruise charges for this week. I found a kiosk and swiped my cruise card and presto(!) out came a copy of our cruise statement for the week. I walked around the desk and saw a long line at the Future Cruise desk. Looks like I'll have to fill out a form to get our future cruise credits for our next cruise. I pick up a form and head up to deck 7 (Promenade).

On deck 7, they are having an outlet sale. There are so many folks grabbing things off the table, I dare not get in the middle of all that chaos. Crazy! I continue towards the back of the ship. Along the way I see a few ladies sitting around and knitting. I should join them, but I left my knitting project back in our cabin. I head towards the photo gallery and I'm in search of our Cozumel pictures. I only find one set out of the 3 that were taken yesterday by different ship's photographers. I'll have to show Hubby our picture later.

I'm back in Skywalker's and have my MBPro with me to review more pictures and to post another entry on my blog. I'm sitting in a comfy chair with my feet propped up and watching the glass sea go by.

I still have many venues to take pictures of. I'm hoping when we're docked in Houston tomorrow, I can walk around effortlessly while many folks are disembarking from our ship. At some point we'll have to meet with our turnaround group who are doing a back-to-back (B2B) cruise with us and do a walk off the ship. Princess notified us that they'll need to sanitize the ship again for two hours while in port. We'll either sit and wait in the terminal or catch a Princess bus to take us back to Kemah Boardwalk for a few hours. There's also a chance we'll run into fog tomorrow morning which could cause a delay in getting back.

Later today, we'll be sitting in our balcony enjoying the sun and listening to the sound of our ship cutting through the glass sea. Many of our fellow cruisers will be packing and setting their luggage out in the hallway this evening. That's one thing we don't have to worry about....

No comments: