Monday, January 13, 2014

Sunday (01/12): Onboard Activities...@Sea

Today is our first sea day. That means we're going to have a lazy day. Hubby is already in cruise mode while I'm in can't sit still mode. Tonight is formal night and we're looking forward to dressing up and dining in one of the anytime dining venues.

Our Princess Patter (daily newsletter) is filled with non-stop events. Here are some of the events offered:

  • Treasure Hunt Zumba Fitness Knitters & Natters Speed Sudoku Ping Pong Tournament Morning Trivia Princess Book Club Vegetable Carving Demo Hole in One Golf Putting Jackpot Bingo Spa Seminars Adult Basketball Games in the game room Princess Pop Choir Beginner Ballroom Dance Class Champagne Art Auction Bible Study Line Dance Class Afternoon Tea Wii@Sea Bowling Various movies, production shows, and live music

I've already missed the Zumba and Knitters meetings. I did make it to the Veggie carving. It's one of those lazy days. What can I say.

While roaming around the ship, I did purchase a coffee card from the International Cafe. For $29, we can get 15 punches which equate to 15 specialty coffees and we can use this card for the next two weeks. For this week only with the use of the card, we can unlimited drip regular/decaf coffee, hot chocolate and specialty teas for free. Given how chilly it will be for half the cruise, this is a good deal for us since we're doing a back-to-back cruise.

The weather across the ship is quite chilly and windy with a high of 67 degrees. We've travelled 230 nautical miles and have 790 more to go. Tomorrow the temperature is expected to reach 80 degrees. Definitely much warmer and enjoyable.

Hubby and I are in our cabin watching the latest Star Trek movie. We're also looking out past our balcony and watching the small white caps in the Gulf. If we were further south in the Caribbean, we would be sitting outside in our balcony. Did I mention it's windy and chilly outside?

Earlier this morning as we were navigating around the two pool areas, I noticed there were no "chair hogs". I bet tomorrow they will be out in full force. People are so predictable.

I'm thinking about doing a load of laundry. I'm sure that thought will continue for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love sea! This summer I am going to Istria
and hope for the best time there!