Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday (01/19): A Day at Sea

Today, we had a lazy sea day. The first full day on the ship always feels crowded. It seems as if everyone on the ship is on the same schedule as were were. People were congregating around the popular venues and eateries. More so indoors. The temperature on the upper decks made it to 70 degrees with winds across the deck at 9 knots. That was definitely warmer than last week. But for many, that was still cold. Many fellow cruisers were bundled up in sweat jackets and sweaters. For most of the day it was partly cloudy.

I decided to get a load of laundry done this afternoon. It was $1.25 for a box of powdered soap, $2 for the washing machine, and another $2 for the dryer. In between the washing and drying, I took a trip down to the Promenade deck 7 to see what activities were transpiring.

I wandered into the Facets shop and looked at some Kabana pieces. Beautiful quality and workmanship. I met up with Kim who is from South Africa. We had a great conversation. Her fiancé who also works on the ship is a bartender in Club Fusion. Their contract expires in mid-May and they are heading to South Africa for their wedding in mid-June. I asked her how she was doing all the wedding plans and she mentioned her friends back home are making the final arrangements. How cool is that?! Kim told me to come back when I can this week so we could continue our conversation. I'm looking forward to my visit. :)

Hubby was watching the football playoffs in the comfort of our cabin. Hint: it was a great time for me to do laundry and to wander around the ship and socialize with fellow cruisers.

Tonight was formal night. I did not feel like eating in the dining room (same menu from last Sunday). So we got dressed up and headed down to the Promenade deck 7. Our primary focus was to get another set of formal portraits taken. This time on the steps in the main atrium. Full length portraits! Our formal portrait from last week was okie dokie. Yes, I was critical of the portrait and so was Hubby. What can I say? I have an eye for things and our portraits did not jump out at us.

So our plan was to have new portraits taken, go to Caribe Cafe (buffet) for dinner, and then onto a production show called "Do You Wanna Dance". After the show, we headed back to the atrium and saw the start of the Champagne Waterfall.

On the CB, they don't allow the cruisers to pour the champagne. On other ships, they do. Not sure why:
CP 1589

The Piazza or atrium is a popular place to hang out day or night:
CP 1602
CP 1593

Remember in my previous posts I mentioned about a group that's on our ship? The host is called "Concerts at Sea". As I was wandering around our deck 9, I noticed a few doors had posters on them. 

Here is what's next door to our cabin:
CP 1525

Several cabin doors down is another poster with the Cowsills. This afternoon the Cowsills held a private concert in the Princess Theater. Do you remember the hit song they sang?

Tomorrow we'll be in Cozumel. We are heading to Passion Island for some much needed beach time.

No comments: