Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Monday (01/13): Day Two @Sea

Before I start with today's activities, I wanted to include a picture of last night's surprise. When we got back to our room, our room steward Woodie, left me a nice surprise. A towel animal friend for Topsy our turtle.

A new towel animal friend

A pleasant surprise!

A nice surprise!

Okay, now back to today's activities.

We woke up early as in 6:30am. I was still sleepy, but Hubby wanted to go to breakfast. Since I'm a foodie, I couldn't say no. We ventured up to the Lido deck 15. It was soooo quiet around the pool areas. Kind of eerie. Our breakfast consisted of a fried egg, a small amount of potatoes, smoked salmon with capers, pineapple, and a greek yogurt parfait. Day two and we're doing a good job not filling up our plate at the buffet.

We took a stroll across the Lido deck to take in the peacefulness.

One of two pools

We noticed there were no towel hogs out this morning. I assumed two things. Many of the folks haven't realized the weather had turned noticeably warmer and they must have had too much champagne last night.

When we got back to our cabin, we found our eyes were getting droopy. Nap time!

An hour later, I left Hubby in our cabin and went exploring with my camera.

Scoops has soft ice cream

Ping pong:

Ping Pong anyone?

The Grille, a bar, and Prego Pizzeria:

The Grille, a bar, and Prego Pizzeria

The Internet Cafe and Library:

The Internet Cafe and Library

I came back to our room to pick up Hubby. More like wake him up. I noticed Woodie was wandering up and down the hallway and I thought it would be a great time for him to freshen up our cabin.

We ended up at Skywalker's Lounge on deck 19. We found two love seats and camped out for the next two hours. As I'm posting to my blog, here's what I'm looking at:

My view from Skywalker's....

More to come....

No comments: