Thursday, January 12, 2017

We Have Arrived!


Our adventure started around 3:45am this morning.  We left the Hyatt with sleepy eyes and arrived at the airport in time to be #3 at the counter line.  We breezed through security (TSA-pre) or at least one of us did.  I got stopped because the zipper of my down vest or maybe yet, it was my jewelry that set off the bleeping alarm.  Hubby just smiled as he passed by me.  No worries I just smiled and walked through again.  

We boarded our flight and took off around 5:50am.  Two hour or so later...we arrived at our destination in the beautiful and warm Fort Lauderdale.  


 

There's something about traveling in the early morning hours.  Besides being sleepy-heads, it's just peaceful.  

We grabbed a taxi and made it to the Hilton before 9am.  Daniel, at the front desk, noted that I had already checked in and selected a room (yesterday) and that room was not available yet.  No worries.  He said he would text me when it's ready.  We were free to roam around the hotel, but we decided to roam over to Joe's Cafe for some breakfast.  

 


Hubby and I have walked by Joe's so many times before, but never had the need to stop in to eat.  Since breakfast is not included with our Hilton room (like the Embassy Suites we stayed at several times) what the heck let's give it a try.  It's now our favorite breakfast place because of this:

 

Hubby has this thing for Eggs Florentine.  I can't remember if it started while we were cruising or was it at the Dunes restaurant in OC.  At home when I ask him what he wants for breakfast, he says EF.  I reply that it will so many months until we're on a ship and you can have it then.  So now, Joe's Cafe has made our list.  

On our way back to the Hilton, we stop by Lauderdale Diver shop to say hello.  I also add another accessory to our growing GoPro family.  I love visiting this dive shop as they have a nice selection of snorkel gear.  A nice teal (Caribbean) blue snorkel caught my eye.  I restrain myself as we still have to take a trip to FLL beach in search of a bikini...we'll see.  Caribbean blue....

It's around 12 noon and I'm ignoring Hubby's teasing remark..."is it lunch yet?!"  Really?  I'm just enjoying our view for now.  

 

Be back with more....


No comments: