Monday, January 16, 2017

Day 3: @Sea (Part 2)

I asked Hubby what’s the average size of the swells today and he said 12 feet.  There you have it.  I was walking around deck 5 and could hear the stabilizers working to keep the ship steady.  Try to.  It’s now early afternoon and the movement has not let up.  I heard the Captain mention the winds are around 35 knots across the open deck.  

Here’s Hubby being lulled to sleep:

CB balcony F1187

Earlier this morning we ventured out and about looking for a place to sit outside.  We walked across the Lido deck 15 from forward to aft and ended up near the aft pool and Outriggers Bar area.  Now I know why a table for two was vacant.  It was windy up there.  The aft pool was my entertainment.  There were three ladies in the small pool sloshing around in the water from one side to the next.  The water in the pool was going side to side and eventually just sloshed up and out of the pool and onto the deck getting everything in its path wet.  Can you tell?  Doesn’t take much to entertain me.  So, where’s the picture?  I didn’t have the heart to intrude on folks and didn’t want to appear paparazzi-like.  You’ll have to make do with my descriptions.  

I dropped Hubby off in the cabin after lunch and was on a mission to find a bar and get some wine glasses.  It took a whole day for room service to pick up our complementary bar setup in exchange for a bottle of wine.  No, they did not provide the wine glasses.  I should have been more specific with them.  When you order meals from room service, I have learned need to be specific with the order:  add salt and pepper, add mayo, add tomatoes, add a packet of sugar, add this and that.  If you don’t you will for example, when ordering a chicken sandwich, will just get the chicken stuck between two pieces of bread.   Sorry, I digressed.

I’m walking around Promenade deck 7 and come across the photo shop.  I stop to chat with Kirsty from South Africa.  We talk about the cameras they carry (limited supply of Nikon and Fuji and Panasonic) including GoPros.  I mention to Kirsty my experience with the the Fuji Instax printer as well as the Polaroid portable printer.  We are comparing notes.  Then our discussion switches to the upcoming Caribbean Princess dry dock in March.  I already knew one was planned and asked her many questions.  Will the CP get the Sea Witch logo on it’s hull?  “Yes!"  Where will the ship go into dry dock?  “Bahamas".  Will you be on the ship when it goes through maintenance?  "Yes…most of the employees who have continued contracts will stay on and help with the cleaning.  We get to dress in casual clothes (no uniforms).  The whole ship shuts down and so no AC”.  Will the ship be outfitted for the new Medallion technology?  “Yes!  Right now we have some Italian contractors who came onboard when you did and will be wiring the ship in preparation for next year’s Medallion use”.  Kirsty is two months into her six month contract.  We had a wonderful time chatting and I’m sure I’ll see her around the ship again.

I continue with my mission and end up at the Club Fusion bar at the back of the ship still on deck 7.  The bartender smiled as he provided me with two empty wine glasses.   Mission accomplished!

I’m back in our cabin and Hubby is taking a nap.  I may end up doing the same.  

Here’s some foodie pics from my iPhone:

CB food 5505

Yesterday’s breakfast of champions:

CB food 5481

Yesterday’s lunch:

CB food 5486

Last night’s dessert (rhubarb on the left and coconut and passion fruit on the right):

CB food 5492

This morning’s breakfast (part of the main four food groups):

CB food 5496

And of course today’s lunch.  I did give Steve one of my peanut butter cookies (my fave):  

CB food 5530

Tonight we have reservations at the specialty restaurant, Sabatinis.  We’ll probably get dressed up for this special dinner since we missed formal last night.  Then we will be attending Mardi Gras in the Piazza.  My brother, D, got invited to play the snare drums.  I will definitely have my camera with me and maybe the GoPro working by then….

No comments: