Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Day 5: Aruba - Eagle Beach

Warning:  This is a picture intensive post!

We waited until the majority of our fellow cruisers were off the ship and then left around 9:30am.  We were going to take a taxi to a beach.  My first choice was a place called Reflexion Beach Bar and Grill on Surfside Beach…south of the port.  The rate for the taxi is $13.  Once we were in the taxi and chatting with the driver, she recommended Eagle Beach.  So, shifting gears and going with the flow, off to Eagle Beach we go!  Just $13 later we arrive at the beach.  We were looking for a palapas to share with D and M, but there were none left.  So we settle on a beach umbrella and four lounges for $30.

What can I say?  This beach is just gorgeous!  White fine sand and Caribbean blue water:

Aruba 4196

 

Looking to the right towards Palm Beach and their high rise buildings:

Aruba 4208

Looking left (south) towards Manchebo Beach:  

Aruba 4210

Aruba 4200

Here’s a close up of the high rise hotels at Palm Beach further north from Eagle Beach:

Aruba 4216

Lots of people enjoying the water:  

Aruba 4220

Incredible waves!  Hubby came to my rescue when I got slammed by the first wave and lost my balance and got slammed by two more waves.  I tumbled around underwater while holding my breath.  I know it was just a few seconds but it seemed like forever before Hubby (my personal lifeguard) pulled me up and out of the water.  What I forgot to mention was that after the first wave I almost lost my bikini bottom and then tried to recover (in a nice way) and got hit with the two other waves.  I was laughing out loud because that was the only reaction I had to all this.  Needless to say, I  was carrying around 5 pounds of sand in my bikini (top and bottom) and did not know until we got back to the ship.  Let’s just say that our cabin steward, Sandy, had a lot of vacuuming to do.  Life is soooo good!

Aruba 4251

Aruba 4265

 

Now to continue with our Eagle Beach pictures:

Aruba 4229

Here you can rent wave runners.  I call these lemons as in the color:

Aruba 4249

And these are limes:  

Aruba 4250

Aruba 4230
Aruba 4237
Aruba 4246
Okay, so this young couple wanted to go ride around in the beautiful Caribbean water with this wave runner:

Aruba 4257
Aruba 4258
They had to be pushed when water came ashore:

Aruba 4260
Aruba 4261
The waves were too much and of course everyone got slammed!  I could feel their excitement and surprise:

Aruba 4262

Aruba 4263

Once they recover, they are on their way for some fun:  

Aruba 4272

Young folks body surfing:

Aruba 4267

Aruba 4268

Hubby and I take a break from people watching and wander over to Paradise Beach Villas about a block north behind where our lounges are located.  Here’s our approach before walking across the main road to the villas:  

Aruba 4288

We are looking for a restroom and along the way taking pictures:  

Aruba 4279

We find the Tiki Bar & Restaurant onsite:  

Aruba 4280

Aruba 4281

Here’s one of two pools:  

Aruba 4282

Aruba 4284

Did I mention it’s hot here in Aruba?  We walk back through the villa gates and head back to the beach.  Here’s the side road I mentioned.  It runs parallel for a bit with the main road:  

Aruba 4287

Aruba 4300

Aruba 4289

Aruba 4307

If you want to enjoy a more quiet beach time and avoid the high rise area of Palm Beach, this is the place to be.  There’s plenty of wave runners to rent and use:  

Aruba 4311

Aruba 4316

A Holland ship arriving into port in the early afternoon:  

Aruba 4319

Aruba 4329

Aruba 4333

Aruba 4337

 It was our "first time" to Eagle Beach and we had an amazing time here!  This picture sums it up for us:  

Aruba 4338

No comments: