Thursday, January 19, 2017

Day 6: Plaza Resort Bonaire (part 2)

(I’m having to break up our blog posts into several parts for two reasons.  One, I have too many pictures in my post (go figure) and uploading has been hit or miss with some errors.  Two, the Internet connection can be a bit wacky when we encounter bad weather.  My Tx rate would go from 130 Mbps all the way down to a measly 10 Mbps.  The AP (access point) is just 4 doors down from our cabin.  Yes, one day I managed to look up before running down the hall to get some skinny mocha at IC (International Cafe).  

Oh yeah, we are having some extremely bad weather on the ship.  Early this morning, Hubby and I, woke up to a lot of rocking and rolling and swaying on the ship as we are sailing north of Cuba.  It’s been thundering and lightning and raining.  Oh and I should not forget to mention strong winds across the upper decks.  The ship’s marine log says the seas are “rough” with 8-12 ft swells.  Yes, we can feel it.  I managed to slip between the curtains the glass door of our balcony.  I tried to grab shots of the lightning and then videos of all the weather related stuff as we sail through this at 19 knots or so.  Did I mention the wind?

So, I’m sitting on the floor of our cabin (can feel the motion better) and trying to type this blog post and insert pictures.  At some point, I might pass out from all this movement.  It’s making me sleepy.  No worries, I have a short drop to the floor.  )

Enough of my bantering and onto the good stuff.

I am fascinated with the recycled pier.  This picture bothers me because it is crooked.  It does show the feeling when the water moves:

Bonaire 4422
Bonaire 4424
Hubby and I snorkeled from one side of the resort to the other side near the concrete pier:

Bonaire 4429
More water shots:

Bonaire 4432
Bonaire 4434
How about some wave action:

Bonaire 4437
Steps/ladder I used to get in and out of the water.  Can you see the fish swimming near the ladder?

Bonaire 4442
Bonaire 4443
Can you see it?

Bonaire 4449
How about this one?

Bonaire 4456
It doesn’t take much to amuse me.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Winds here today are a noisy 20 mph!. Stay safe and love the pictures!