Thursday, January 26, 2017

Day 13: Cozumel - Snorkeling at Money Bar (part 3)

They drop off what feels like a swarm of people into the water.  I lose track of Hubby in the sea of orange vests and swim away from all the chaos.

Cozumel 5569
Cozumel 5572

The swarm follows their guide and get back on their boat 20 minutes later.  This is why we are more than thrilled at doing our own thing.  I’m sure that excursion was at least $99 or more per person.  Our private adventure is the price of the taxi ride to and fro.  Sweet deal!

Here’s a cool picture.  Looks like I took it with my GoPro, but actually it was my Nikon:

Cozumel 5575
I see these two playing tag…round and round they go:

Cozumel 5578
I finally catch up with Hubby and swim over to see what he’s looking at:

Cozumel 5585
A school of French Grunt:

Cozumel 5660
Cozumel 5657

Two varieties of juvenile Damselfish:

Cozumel 5617
A beautiful Sergeant Major:

Cozumel 5618
Here’s a fish called Rock Beauty.  He’s more interested in the sponge:

Cozumel 5645
We stay in the water and snorkel for another hour until I’m feeling a bit chilly.  We head out of the water and checkout the outdoor shower.   I go to pull the cord and OMG that is some cold water!  Brrrrrr.

We walk around the facility and check out the restaurant and their menu.  They have two:  one in Spanish and one in English.  Their menu item looks good and prices are reasonable after you do the conversion.  We decide to skip the restaurant as Panchos Backyard is waiting for us at the cruise pier later.
Cozumel 5744
The outside dining area of Money Bar:

Cozumel 5685
Cozumel 5681
Cozumel 5689

The pier at Money Bar:

Cozumel 5687
Cozumel 5693
Right side view from the pier:

Cozumel 5702
The Money Bar restaurant and another main entry way into the water:

Cozumel 5705
Have to be careful getting into the water as the stone steps are quite slippery:
Cozumel 5695

I was watching this snorkel boat come in.  Apparently they do not have a platform nor ladder.  I watch the snorkelers literally jump into the water.  It does not take much to amuse me:

Cozumel 5726
Now I’m wondering, how will they get back on their boat?

Cozumel 5723
We had a wonderful time here snorkeling and enjoying the view:

Cozumel 5730
It’s getting crowded here and so we decide to pack up and head back to the Puerta Maya cruise terminal:

Cozumel 5741
Here’s a sign that identifies where we were snorkeling:

Cozumel 5743
The sign at the entrance to Tiger’s area and the Money Bar.  I guess I should have posted this picture at the beginning:

Cozumel 5747
Money Bar is a beautiful place and far exceeded my expectations and descriptions I have read.  We definitely recommend this place for first time snorkelers and expert snorkelers as well.  You can do a whole lot here or very little.  Next time, we will definitely try out the restaurant.

No comments: