Monday, January 16, 2017

Day 3: @ Sea...still (Part 1)

Happy Sea Day!  We got some sleep.  We woke up to some rougher waters.  Rough as in we’re not heading to the gym anytime soon.  I did manage to get in some planks and stomach crunches/twists and push ups while in our cabin.  Gotta keep the metabolism going and burn, burn those pesky calories.  

On today’s morning agenda is a GoPro session in the Wheelhouse Bar on deck 7.  We head up to the buffet and have this…my four basic food groups:

(be back with a picture…placeholder)

Here is Hubby’s food groups:

(placeholder)

We quickly ate our breakfast and headed down to International Cafe (IC) for some more skinny mochas.  Hubby scopes out their menu and they have Double Chocolate Mochas on the menu.  I remember that coffee drink from last year!  We’ll start that one tomorrow.  I forgot to mention that we have two coffee cards left over from the last two cruises.  I gave D the newer unpunched card from the Regal and we had a used one from the Ruby.  Old cards can still be used to get the fru-fru coffee drinks.  

I noticed a sign in the Piazza and walked over to it.  We have a group onboard called the Baltimore Baseball group.  On the board was a list of closed events the group will participate in today.  Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of this.  

We head over to the Wheelhouse Bar before 9am to attend the GoPro session.  JB, from South Africa, is one of thirteen photographers onboard the Caribbean Princess.  He is our host today.  He briefly talks about the GoPro and accessories and we watch a few videos on its use.  There was also a technical video which I took explicit notes on and will use to configure Hubby’s new GoPro 5.  I will have to set aside an hour in my busy schedule today to play with the new camera.  Life is rough, isn’t it?

I’m feeling spunky today and so I assume my blog post will start reflecting that as well.  I am now officially in cruise mode.  Later I will take my camera with me and go exploring new sites/events on the ship.  It’s still windy out, but the temperature has warmed up significantly.  I have to remember to tie my hair back so as not to scare my fellow cruisers with my wild wind-blown hair.  

Sorry for the “placeholders” above.  I have pictures scattered between my Fujifilm X-T1 camera and my iPhone 6 and transferring to my MacBook Air.  Thank goodness for Apple and “air drop” capability.  I am trying to get this posted before I run off for the next onboard adventure.  Okay and trying not to spend too much on my laptop either.  

Here’s what the seas look like today:

CB sea F1182

CB sea F1179

A lot more white caps that we can see as far out as the horizon.  More motion and bouncing and well, you get the idea.  Hubby and I love this!  Other cruisers, not so much.

I’ll be back….

No comments: