Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunday (01/18): Princess Transfer and Heading Home

We are up early around 5am and getting ourselves ready for the trip home.  Our Yellow Cab is suppose to pick us up around 6am in the hotel lobby.  As we check out of the Embassy Suites, I receive a text message a cab will be arriving within 5 minutes.

I have to make a mental note for the next cruise.  Let the cab know how many pieces of luggage we have as in three large suitcases.  Two fit comfortably in the trunk, the smallest of the three have to ride in the front seat with the cab driver.  The same happened to us when we left home to get to the airport.  I'm so spoiled with Princess and their limos and buses and the extra room.

It's a quiet ride to the airport.  As we leave the Port Everglades area, I can  see two cruise ships in port.  Sigh!

We arrive at the Ft Lauderdale airport in no time.  I give the driver the transfer paper and a nice tip only to get a snarky remark "you should have told me you had a transfer".  I almost asked him if we still wanted his tip.  Really?  I did tell the cab's reservationist last night I had a transfer slip from Princess.  The cab driver gave me a log slip to sign.  No worries.  Lesson learned for next time.

We head over to the JetBlue counter to find a long line.  No worries as we arrive well before our 9am flight in anticipation of a crowd.  Within 10 minutes, we were at the counter.  My luggage was 46lbs and the rest were under 45lbs.  Whew!  Why is it my luggage is always the heaviest?  Maybe it's the shoes.  My toiletries.  Oh yeah, the extra clothes I mistakenly packed.  Another lesson learned.

We grab some hot breakfast at one of the restaurant counters near our gate.  It's still early and we manage to find a long table with outlets.  I immediately plug in my gadgets to get a quick recharge while we eat.

Our flight back home was on time and we land at the airport a bit before 12noon.  We did not have to wait too long for the shuttle to pick us up at the airport and we arrived home around 1pm.   Not too shabby.  

Once home, Hubby drops all the suitcases in the living room.  For the next few evenings, I will be busy with unpacking and sorting piles of clothes for the laundry.  Sigh!  Hmmmm...I wonder how long before PCD (post cruise depression) sets in....

No comments: