Sunday, January 4, 2015

Saturday (01/03): Embarkation Day!

Ft Lauderdale:  Embarkation
Temperature:  75 degrees

Side note: I hope these blog entries are being posted in the correct order. I decided to put in the day of the week in my blog titles to help you along.

We wake up to find the Ruby Princess docked at Port Everglades.  I look out our balcony and see both the Ruby and Coral Princess in the distance.



Hubby has been keeping an eye on me and well, carbs that just want to leap onto my plate for breakfast. The breakfast I'm talking about is the Embassy Suites breakfast buffet. I've been doing really well with just eating some protein and veggies. My fave at this hotel is the tomato and spinach omelet. Next, is the hot oatmeal. Wished they had blueberries instead of raisins. Yum!

After our 7am breakfast, we headed back to the room to clean up and to do a final pack and tag with the luggage.

Before we left for our trip, I printed out our Princess luggage tags. There are really two ways to attach the luggage tags to the luggage handle. I normally staple the ends of the tag together. That meant I had to pack a tiny staple gun. Late last year, I found a tag holder on Amazon. I thought I would give it a try. Not really trusting the new tag holder, I ended up using the stapled tag on the side handle and the new tag holder on the top handle of the suitcase. This became a test to see if the new tag holder would get ripped off the handle during it's travel from the hotel to the pier and then onto the ship.

All three pieces of luggage were placed inside our room door at 8:45am. We waited in the room until 10:15am when the bellman appeared and picked them up. Hubby was anxious to leave and head over to the dive shop. I did a time check with hubby as we had 45 minutes to look/shop and be back at the hotel to meet with the Princess rep.

We got back to the hotel in time to check in with our Princess rep and proceeded to one of the ballrooms to validate our luggage was there. A few minutes later I see two of our luggage wheeled to the 1st tour bus. We board the first bus at 12noon and I see our third luggage which has our formalwear and my all my rechargers for my gadgets sitting with some other luggage on the curb. The Princess rep assures us the luggage will be put on the second bus (along with the other luggage going to the Coral Princess and the Caribbean Princess). Hmmmm....

We were less than 1/4 mile from the hotel when we run into a huge traffic jam. It appeared that everyone else was using the 17th Street Causeway to get to the beach or get to the port. It was amazing! Our bus driver dropped us off at the entrance of Terminal 2 and drove around the corner to drop off our luggage with the porters. That was one of the nicest and easiest "drop-off" we've ever experienced with Princess. It appears Princess does read our comments/suggestions we submit at the end of each cruise. Kudos!

We find and join the Preferred line for Platinum, Elite, and Suites. Our papers are checked and we head into security. At this point I forgot that Hubby had the bottle of wine in his backpack. We are told to head to another short line with a Princess rep. He looks over our papers, looks at our bottle and jots down some information. We are free to go along with our Chardonnay.

The next line we get into is for checking in and to receive our cruise card. We hear "welcome back" and we know we are home again.

The next two quick stops are for cruise embarkation photo op and then onto the ship to get a quick card scan and picture taken.

No comments: