Friday, January 2, 2015

Thursday: Fort Lauderdale

Hubby and I spent a lot of time walking around yesterday afternoon.  We visited our favorite shops only to find them closed for New Year's.  A minor setback as we'd have to spend our Friday running around Fort Lauderdale to get our last minute items.

We were able to shop at Publix grocery store located behind the hotel.  I whipped out my iPhone and started to the collect the items from the list I had started on my iPhone while on the plane.  Woolite, contact lens solution, extra large bottle of water, toothpaste, batteries, hair bands.  Just the basics.  The rest of the items we'll get on Friday.

I wanted to add that a TJ Maxx is now located in the same shopping center.  Some of the smaller shops have closed permanently and some have moved to a new location.  Our biggest disappointment was our favorite restaurant Fort Lauderdale Grill had closed.  I will miss their ahi tuna meals.

We had a late lunch at Gilbert's which consisted of Ahi Tuna with Asian Slaw.  Can I say awesome?!  It was delish!  Presentation was beautiful!  Ate everything with my chopsticks.  Practice, practice, practice.  Due to technical difficulties, I will back later to post a picture.

Our internal clocks were messed up by the lack of sleep and traveling before the crack of dawn.  One would have thought that we traveled across several time zones yet we only traveled two hours by plane.  To coincide with a late lunch, we ended up having an early dinner.  Geeeeeez!  We went to Carlos & Pepe's and had lots of chips and salsa and fish tacos.

I spent much of the evening redistributing/reorganizing the three suitcases to accommodate our additional purchases.  At this point the suitcase weight doesn't matter when it gets loaded onto the ship.  I also pulled out items we needed for the next day and a half.

By 9am, we were exhausted.  Lights out!

No comments: