Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We Are Back Home...

***************

We are back home. This morning I had to drive DH to the airport for his early morning flight out to Missouri. His father is having open heart surgery this morning. DH's family was trying to get a hold of him and didn't have my cell phone number (which I had with me on the cruise). They finally made contact with my mother, but she waited until we were back in Fort Lauderdale before contacting us (4 days later).

Something to think about and lessons learned for fellow cruisers/vacationers. When you travel far from home, make sure family members have cell phone numbers and email addresses to contact you while traveling. Also, have them leave detailed voice mail messages. You never know.

***************

I have been updating my previous posts with pictures of our snorkeling excursions (e.g. Bonaire & Aruba). Many updates will be made throughout the week.

We have already unpacked and ready to do some major loads of laundry. I also have to do a final cleaning on our snorkel gear, let them thoroughly dry, and store them until our next cruise.

I've been in touch with John, our travel agent, discussing future adventures in 2010. John--thank you for taking care of my DH's flight arrangements while we were in Miami.

I will be back to do a special post on the Emerald Princess with pictures and comments about the ship and some of the new Princess features.

No comments: