Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 1 @ Sea

We are heading south for the next two days at sea. We can feel the ship move at a fast clip. Early this morning, we opened out balcony door to see the Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Sea cruising next to us. Of course, we're moving faster as we have to be in Aruba by Monday morning.

Passing the Jewel of the Sea


We ate an early breakfast of fruit, smoked salmon & capers, yogurt, and scrambled eggs. For our diet on this trip, we're avoiding breads and cheeses. So far, so good.

After breakfast, we walked around the Promenade deck. We tried to go around the whole ship, but the forward or front of the ship was off limits. High winds. We sat in the padded wood chairs and did some people watching. We also saw flying fish leaping out of the water.

I dropped DH off in our room so he could do some reading and enjoy our balcony. I ventured up to the Spa and Gym to find out about a beginning Pilates class for this afternoon. I might as well learn something new on this trip. lol!

I exited the Spa to venture out on the top-most deck and went forward. No kidding about the high winds. I had to grab on the railing to make my way around the front of the ship. Not a great idea to be on the top deck. I worked my way towards the back of the ship, weaving in and out of chairs/lounges. I found the basketball court surrounded with netting. Of course, it would be insane to play b-ball with the wind whipping around. Even my camera bag wanted to climb off my shoulder.

I found the "putting area" and golf simulator. Interesting.

I made my way down through the ship exploring each deck and taking lots of pictures along the way. I found the Future Cruise Sales office and signed up for future cruise credits. I also attended the fruit and vegetable carving demo.

Don't laugh, but I brought my yarn with me and started my knitting project...fingerless gloves. We ended up having a very restful and relaxing day.

Tonight is formal night, which we won't be partaking.

No comments: