Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday in Roatan…Not to Be


Update: The captain made another announcement around 9am to say the ship has aborted docking in any part of Roatan. There had been several discussions between the Costa ship and our ship and both had agreed it was too dangerous for the tenders to run when the winds were gusting around 30 knots.





We were disappointed to miss this beautiful island. The captain apologized several times. We understood the need for safety for fellow cruisers and crew members as well as for the ship itself.

We spent the day at sea. There were no other islands around that could be substituted on short notice. Oh well. This is life on a cruise ship!

Sometime during the morning, a code Alpha 1 was announced.  Another one was made a few minutes later.

I wandered around the ship and noticed a little chaos. Fellow cruisers didn’t know what to do with themselves. Hubby and I ended up at Skywalker’s Lounge (deck 18) so he could do some reading and I could review my pictures on my laptop.

Lunch was at Horizon buffet.

The captain announced that we would do a zig-zag throughout the afternoon as we headed up to Belize. He wasn’t kidding. During the late afternoon, I stuck my head over the balcony railing to see that the wake from the ship was curved.

For the last three cruises, I’ve missed the Princess fettuccine alfredo. I can only get that in the dining room for dinner. Hubby and I have not dined in the dining room for several cruises. Tonight, he obliged and we headed to the Michelangelo dining room on deck 5. This was for the “anytime dining” starting at 5:30pm. We were sat at a table for two. It was Italian night…how fitting. I thoroughly enjoyed the fettuccine alfredo. It was divine.

It turned out to be a lazy day for us and continued into the evening.



No comments: