Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday in Princess Cays



I automatically woke up at 5:30am.  I took a peak outside to see the balcony glowing a bit.  I thought we were having a full moon.  I stepped outside to find the weather somewhat warm.  I looked up and saw that the lit up Crown Princess sign was above us.  Around 6am, hubby got up and opened the curtains…the sun was beginning to rise.  I grabbed my camera and started to click away.  It was going to be a beautiful morning.

We headed up to the Caribe Café for breakfast.  It was very quiet here.  We really enjoyed the peacefulness.  With our bowl of oatmeal, we also had scrambled eggs, hash browns, yogurt parfait, smoked salmon and capers, and pineapple.  Of course the portions were small.  My plate had lots of empty spaces.  So far we were avoiding breads. 

We arrived into Princess Cays at 8:30am.  We were anchored out at sea.  We decided to stay on the ship.  I did not think hubby could take the too much motion today and I knew the tenders would be rocking and rolling around to get to the beach/dock area.  That would be torture for him. 

Tendering at Princess Cay


Around 9am, we took a trip to the medical center.  Hubby’s back was still hurting and then his lower front was slightly swollen.  The medical crew was awesome.  His blood pressure had gone done less than when he was in the hospital.  Good sign.  We spent about 20 minutes with the doctor.  He was very thorough in asking questions and having hubby go through the motion to see if the pain problem was internal or external. 
They drew some blood and told us to come back in an hour.  We went to the International Café to get some tea and then to the Library to pick up the day’s Sodoku puzzle.  We ended up at the Promenade deck to sit in the sun. 

Medical Center


Medical Center Office


Back at the medical center, we met with the doctor.  The results from the blood test were the same as the ones from the hospital.  Good news as nothing had changed.  We’re now thinking the pain was external.  He prescribed some medication to reduce the swelling and for the pain.  Hubby was not to use the stairs.  Laying down, standing up, or walking was better for his the back.  Sitting for long periods of time was not good.  Armed with the medication and that information, we were ready to resume our vacation. 

We found our room steward not to be very attentive.  We went down to our room several times throughout the day and it wasn’t cleaned.  At one point, we really needed to take our shower.  He came in at that point, I told him to come back.  He finally got it done around 3pm…really late.  He was beginning to annoy me.  I told him about hubby’s back problem.  We’ll see if that helps with the service.  

We spent the afternoon lounging in the upper deck (it got a bit chilly) and then found some chairs in the sun.  It was windy in PC and as long as we were in the sun, it wasn’t so bad. 

Around 3:30pm, everyone was required be back on the ship.  Apparently, they had a hard time finding someone named Camille who resided on the Emerald deck.  Finally, the captain made an announcement three times asking for her to call him.  Around 4pm, she was accounted for.  We pulled anchor and headed back out to sea. 

I did my daily afternoon ritual of visiting the International Café for cookies.  Today’s choices were oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip. 

I was busy downloading pictures and using Photoshop Elements to crop and add my copyright notice to the pictures.  I planned on updating my cruise blog during the week.  I knew I was going to be taking lots of photos on this cruise and did not want to wait until the end to do my process on them.  



No comments: