Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday @Sea


I woke up early (5am) with Hubby still sound asleep. I looked for my iPad and wandered over to the couch to do some Kindle reading. After an hour of reading, I passed out until Hubby woke up. We headed up to Horizon around 7am to have a light breakfast. We’ve learned that we have to eat breakfast before 7am otherwise we have to deal with large crowds in the buffet line and also trying to get a table.

We decided it was a good morning to lounge somewhere on the ship. We headed towards the back of the ship and went up to Skywalker’s on deck 18 to sit and read. We found a place to sit near some sunny windows. I had my laptop with me and “reviewed” the many photos I had taken. I also updated my ongoing log. I spent most of the day updating my blogs and burning away my Internet/Satellite minutes. I’ve decided to ditch posting my photos on FB. FB had been uncooperative in letting me post pictures for the last two days. What a waste of precious Internet time.

We spent most of the afternoon in our cabin/balcony…reading, napping, and watch TV (not in any particular order).

I took a break from the cabin and I wandered around the ship. I came across a Martini demonstration in the Piazza (open entertainment area, mid-ship). I stumbled upon a couple who just got married on the ship and were getting their bridal portraits taken. Yes, I couldn’t help but take a quick picture of the happy couple.





Later in the evening, Hubby and I went to the Wine bar and enjoyed some complementary sushi. As we were eating, I noticed in the Piazza, several crew members were building the champagne waterfall with champagne glasses.



Hubby and I hang out in the Piazza waiting for the champagne waterfall event to take place. Hubby ended up going back to the room. Can I say it was football night? I enjoyed watching the passengers get the opportunity to pour champagne into the top glass and watch the champagne trickle down into the bottom glasses. I heard from the Cruise Director that it took 616 champagne glasses to build this.




I had heard our Captain Crash Nash was busy with three weddings today.



No comments: