Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday @Sea



I was up at 6am to the slow movement of the ship.  I decided to take advantage of this time to update my blog while hubby was still sleeping. 

Today was a sea day.  The seas were pretty calm most of the morning and into the early afternoon.  The weather was nice and warm compared to the first day on the ship. 

In the morning, hubby saw pods of dolphins swimming across the front of the ship.  By the time I looked up into the water I saw last two leaping out of the water.  It was awesome!

I did some window shopping onboard.  I also did some laps around the Promenade deck.  The winds were strong when I walked up a flight of stairs to walk across the bow of the ship. 

In the late afternoon, the winds picked up.  The captain mentioned roughly 33 knots.  He warned us that the seas would be a bit rough and to be careful walking about deck.  He wasn’t kidding.  The last time we experienced this type of rocking and rolling was on a smaller ship, the Sea Princess.  So for us to experience this type of movement on a large ship…was extraordinary.  We were thoroughly enjoying it!

We watched the 8pm showing of Money Ball on MUTS.  It was very windy on the upper decks and with the ship moving about, the water in the pool was sloshing all around.    

Tonight was a great night to sleep with all this movement.  J


No comments: