Saturday, February 18, 2017

Princess @Sea (Southern & Western Caribbean)

This was the first time (another first) that I actually carried my iPhone around the ship.  Normally it sat in the cabin safe until we got back to Fort Lauderdale or when I used it in a US port of call like St Thomas.  Not this time.  I wanted to see how much information I could see with using the Princess @Sea.  I left my iPhone in Airplane Mode and turned on the WiFi and connected to the Caribbean-Princess SSID.  From there, I had access to the ship’s Intranet using my iPhone’s Safari web browser using the URL:  caribbean.princess.com.  Once I connected to the site, I saved it as a shortcut on my iPhone and it created an icon called Princess @Sea.  

Here’s a snapshot of our Southern Caribbean itinerary (first week):  

IMG 1038

IMG 5773

Here’s our Western Caribbean itinerary (second week):

IMG 1039

IMG 5969

I can tap on any of the ports of call listed and get additional port information like the weather, arrival/departure times, dress code for the evening, and a PDF soft copy of the port guide that’s delivered with the Princess Patter in our cabin mailbox:

IMG 5970

 

IMG 5971

 

IMG 5972

 

IMG 5973

 

I can also see upcoming events for the day:   

IMG 5979

Besides the Princess events, I could add my own personal event like reminders to fill out an FCC form for future cruises or get change from the Passenger Service Desk (PSD).  

There’s a Messenger feature that allows me to send messages to other people I know on the ship.  I initially had to setup a contact list and know the person’s ID.  Once the contact is setup, I can send messages.  There is no notification, but I can check to see if I received a new message.

I also had access to our onboard account information and could check the latest charges to our cabin.  

I can also access the “Internet” which is additional $ and check my emails.  Once I was done with the Internet, I just typed “logout.com” in the browser.

The following are some screenshots I captured with my iPad.

Communications and Stateroom Services: 

IMG 1069

Activities and Entertainment:

IMG 1070

Safety, Security and Environment:

IMG 1071

Shipboard Services and Shopping:

IMG 1072

 

IMG 1074

Entertainment and Bars:

IMG 1075

 

IMG 1076

Food and Dining:

IMG 1077

Gifts and Memories:

IMG 1078

Other Services onboard:

IMG 1079

Pools, Sports & Spa:

IMG 1081

No comments: