Saturday, February 4, 2017

Caribbean Princess - On the Upper Decks (part 3)

On our turnaround or "in-transit" day, I was able to take an hour from my busy cruising schedule to capture a few pictures of various outdoor venues on the CB or Caribbean Princess. Before I begin, I wanted to mention an important piece of information. Beach towels. There, I said it. I was surprised not to find beach towels in our cabin on the CB this year. I distinctly remember on the Regal, and on the Ruby, and on the CB (three years ago) and various cruises before that towels were left in our cabin in the closet and on the top shelf. Have things changed in the last year? Apparently so.

It's my duty to post this picture for all to see:

CB F2061

Once I figured out what was going on, I made a point of confiscating beach towels on our travels around the ship on Lido deck 15. I also figured out they were storing these cartful of towels in the round shack near one of the pools. I assume the cabin stewards are quite happy not to worry about distributing beach towels in each cabin. Nor having to go find some when they run out. I am happy as long as my cabin steward is happy. This makes for one happy ship.

I also notice that the beach towels are being used in the evenings at MUTS (Movies Under the Stars). Used as in "blankets" to keep warm during the chilly evenings on deck. That makes sense. I also notice two deck hands stationed at a table near a wool blanket cart near MUTS. They have a clipboard and when someone needs a warm wool blanket, they provide one and your name in put on this list. I remember seeing this and it might have been on the CB three years ago. A sign in and out system for warm wool blankets. That's okay two beach towels work just as well for me. Enough of that and onto the outdoor venues.

Let me say I have a picture by the pool (or two) where there were no "chair hogs" to be found:

CB F2133

Upper Deck Dining Venues:

On Lido deck 15 (forward) you will find the pizza place called Prego's:
  CB F2222

Next to Prego's is the Black Beard's Bar and friendly bartenders ready to serve:
  CB F2224

Next to the Black Beard's Bar is the Trident Grill where you can find hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches and the best french fries on the high seas:
  CB F2221

If you keep walking past one of the pools, you will find Scoops and soft serve ice cream during the day and popcorn at night:
  CB F2220

If you keep walking past the second pool and into a set of double doors, you will find the Horizon Court Buffet with plenty of places to sit:
   CB F2206

The buffet area:

CB F2207

More food:
   CB F2209

The drink station, which looks much more organized and clean:
  CB F2204

The Pools:

Since we are in the aft area of the ship where Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe is located, you can walk out the sliding doors and end up at the terrace pool. The pool water level is much higher in the picture. On the days where the swells were rough, water was sloshing out of this pool:
   CB F2181

If you head back through the buffet area and out the double doors you will find the MUTS pool:
     CB F2125

Here's MUTS (Movie Under the Stars) screen where we can watch movies, concerts, and football (when broadcasted):

CB F2123

Continue walking past Scoops and you'll end up at the other pool:
  CB F2087

There are two other pools on the CB and they are located on the higher decks. On Lido deck 15 aft, walk up the stairs until you are underneath Skywalker's Lounge you will see what I call a splash or dunk pool:
   CB F2152

On Lido deck 15 forward, walk up the stairs and you end up at The Sanctuary:
   CB F2092

Here's a view of the Sanctuary.  It looks really quiet and peaceful here:

CB F2078

Another view of the Sanctuary pool:
     CB F2118

No comments: