Saturday, February 4, 2017

Caribbean Princess - Sabatini's Specialty Restaurant (part 2)

So I know some of you are missing my foodie pictures. I thought I would do a post on our wonderful dining experience at a specialty restaurant called Sabatini's.

Our first experience with this restaurant was last year on the Regal Princess. We did not know what to expect especially with paying a per person fee to dine on the ship. I can tell you it was a "wow" experience for us and we enjoyed the special attention and top notch service.

Hubby made reservations for two for the second sea day evening. A few hours before our dining time, we received a reminder in our mailbox outside our cabin door. We arrived a few minutes early and was seated at a table for four by the window. Nice touch! We were introduced to our waiter, who the name right now escapes me. I know, I know, I'm not on the cruise anymore. My memory is still recuperating while I go through PCD this week. I digress.

Our waiter is very polite and professional and I try my darnest to get him to take it down a notch with us. Yes, he eventually warms up to us and we share a laugh or two with him. The CB is a happy and fun cruise ship and I wanted to keep it that way with everyone we meet. Mission accomplished.

I wanted to order a bottle of wine, but Hubby wasn't too sure about the wine offerings. We settled on two glasses of Chianti. Yes, it was devine.

 

CB F1199

Now this is a work of art…breadsticks!  One of the few times we are eating bread on this cruise.  Yes, it was yummy dipping them in the Italian olive oil:

CB F1191

Here’s our view from our table of the prep area.  The kitchen is behind this area.  I spy more breadsticks over to the right side:  

CB F1194


Our waiter took our remaining order and this time I selected something from each offering. Last year, I wasn't too hungry and just ordered an appetizer as my meal. I did not mean to offend the folks on the Regal. This time I'm watching my Ps & Qs and just order it and eat it! Not too hard to do on this ship.

Hubby's delicious appetizer:

CB F1200
My vegetarian appetizer:

CB F1202
Our second appetizer...MANICOTTI! Can we say devine?! Here's my plate:

CB F1203
Here's Hubby's plate. Sorry...it deserves two pictures here in this post:

CB F1205
Our main meal...sea bass. Hubby's plate:

CB F1206
My plate which looks very similar to Hubby's plate:

CB F1209
Can you guess what we ordered for dessert? Yes, Princess' chocolate journey dessert...Tiramisu!

CB F1214

Yes, it was a heavenly chocolate journey while we were devouring this rich dessert. Do you see all that dark chocolate? The coffee ice cream was delicious as Hubby can attest to and kept him up all night into the early morning. Sorry honey!

We are glad that Princess is keeping Sabatini's on most of the ships or at least the ones we will be sailing on in the future. New Princess cruisers should try this restaurant at least once. You might get hooked.

No comments: