Friday, January 28, 2011

Traveling Day

We got up early, like 4am early in order to get ready, check out, and meet our transfer in the hotel lobby by 4:30am.  We saw a Cabana bus (as in huge tour bus) sitting outside.  We thought there might be more folks leaving, but at 4:30am?  Not.

Our driver appeared and said he was taking us to Miami International airport.  Just us?  Yes.  Wow!  We had the whole bus to ourselves.  Princess has really taken care of us in the transfer arena…probably making up for the mistake they made two years ago.  All is forgotten. 

The bus ride took about 40 minutes and we were in the airport, checked, baggage tagged, security checked, and at the gate within 20 minutes.  Not bad.  We pass the time away with pages of Sudoku. 

Our flight took off on time and whip out my nifty netbook to catch up on my blog posts.  A passenger sitting next to me takes out his mega huge laptop and looks a bit uncomfortable.  He engages in conversation with me and starts asking about my netbook.  I graciously answer his questions and then start typing like a mad woman…I’m using my time wisely.

We arrived at our destination airport to see it snowing…again.  Apparently, we got slammed with a good storm two days ago.  We are somewhat dressed for cold weather.  Okay, no flip flops for this leg of the trip.  No winter coat, either.  It’s called wearing layers and lots of it. 

An hour and 15 minutes later, we arrive home to shovel the remaining snow left on our driveway.  What a way to work off all those desserts and cookies I ate on the cruise. 

More pictures to come!

No comments: