Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dealing with PCD and Back to Normalcy...Sort Of


Where do I begin? It's a Saturday, I think. When I'm in cruise mode, I forget the days of the week. It comes natural to me. All I know are port days, excursions, and when to eat. Other than that, there is no schedule. Today, I'm lost. I'm still in cruise mode, but at home and not on a ship.

It's cold outside. About 50 degrees colder than the temperature in Aruba. I can't seem to get warm. I'm bundled up and drinking lots of hot chocolate...like dark chocolate. The good stuff. Where's the hot blazing sun today?

Some of you fellow cruisers will know what I'm going through...for the next several days. PCD. Post-Cruise Depression.

My hubby told me this morning that he's going up a few decks to get some Eggs Florentine for breakfast. What? And later he tells me he's going to get warm peanut butter cookies. Geeeez! What a tease he is.

So, I have a hankering for something sweet. There's nothing sweet in our pantry. Let me clarify, there's nothing that looks like this in our kitchen:



Or even this at the International Cafe:



Hubby and I spent the last few days of our cruise getting our desserts at the International Cafe. One evening we had a dessert called a ____ Obsession. Sorry I can't remember the first word, but it was a rich dark chocolate mousse-like decadent dessert that was served in a coffee cup and it was out of this world. Did I get a picture of it? Heck no! It disappeared so fast. Another missed photo op.

So, here I am eating yogurt. Which one? Yoplait - Pina Colada. It's not the same.

No comments: