Wednesday, January 26, 2011

@Sea–Last Cruise Day and Packing

Another down day @sea, the last day of our wonderful cruise.  We were doing the rocking and rolling last night into the early morning.  After breakfast we headed out to our balcony to enjoy the Caribbean sea and the beautiful weather we were having.  It was warm outside, but not like the welcoming heat we had experienced in the southern Caribbean (e.g. Bonaire and Aruba hot). 

Hubby went to work out.  I hung out in the cabin and burned up some Internet minutes.  I was also looking out of our balcony doors and watching and listening to our ship breaking through the Caribbean waters. 

At some point in the late morning, our ship had slowed down a bit.  We were still in cruising mode, but the water around us was so calm.  Hubby and I wandered around the Promenade-deck 7 and walked forward (front).  The water was so quiet and calm.  It almost felt like we were gliding. 

I was dreading today.  I was dreading having to pack.  I delayed it as long as I could.  We even went to the Princess Theater to watch an afternoon movie.  Back in our room, we sat on our balcony.  Enjoying the quiet and each other’s company.  Finally, around 4pm I had to go and start packing.  It took me two hours to pack two large suitcases.  After a final look around, I placed our Princess tags on our suitcases and hubby placed our luggage outside in the hallway.  There were a lot of suitcases lined up ready to be picked up by the crew.

We had our last dinner at the Caribe Café and afterwards went over to MUTS to watch a movie.  The crew came around and offered us chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven.  Life is good. 

Our cabin is empty except for our backpacks and few toiletries that we need for tonight and early tomorrow morning. 

We have to be out of our cabin by 8am.  Since we are Platinum members, we get to take advantage of the hospitality lounge in Club Fusion.  Our disembarkation time is around 10:30am and we’re suppose to meet in the Crown Grill restaurant. 

We set our clocks back by an hour.  In less than four hours, we’ll be on EST time and not on Caribbean time.  Why am I so sad?

So, this will be my last Caribbean post until we get home.  I have additional topics I need to cover and many more pictures to post.  Last count was 1500 pictures were taken.  I lost count if that was before Bonaire or Aruba.  Many more were taken as well as more food pictures.  Hubby got used to my 10 second pause (so I can take a picture) before we devoured our food.  Many delicious dessert pictures are missing.  Once the dessert plate was set down in front of me, my fork hit the plate so fast…I forgot to get the Kodak moment.  Sorry.  It was that good.

I’ll be back!

No comments: