Thursday, January 11, 2018

The Start of Another Cruising Adventure!

We had an early, early, early morning flight and arrived in sunny FL.  We are enjoying the warm weather with slight winds that are causing the palm tree leaves to sway.  Which is also causing our eyelids to get heavy.

After dumping our bags at the hotel, we set off to find some breakfast.  We came across Fresh First eatery next to and behind the Renaissance hotel.  This eatery turns out to be a "gluten free" or GF dining venue.  Hubby and I ordered the Eggs Benedict which was quite tasty and quite filling.  

Our next stop took us to our favorite dive shop Lauderdale Dive.  After checking out the gadgets and gear, I settle on a pair of swim goggles I had my eye on last year.  I've been wanting a pair to use while swimming in the ocean.  Also helps to see where I'm going and to watch the marine life below me.  Yes, I could have used a pair a few years ago in Antigua when the jellyfish grabbed my leg!

So we are lounging by the pool and waiting for our special room to be available.  When I checked in through the hotel's iPhone app, I was able to select a corner room that faced the waterway and most importantly the Port Everglades port.  We are looking forward to watching the ship's arrivals and departures from the comfort of our balcony.  

So we are now taking care of the important things at the pool like napping, people watching, napping, and blogging.  Not in any particular order.  

I will be updating my posts with pictures as soon as I have access to WiFi.  Until then think large palm trees, clear blue skies, and cool breezes.  Zzzzzzz!

Oh yeah, where are we going?  To the Caribbean of course!  Fourteen days and covering 9 ports of call (Eastern and Southern).  


1 comment:

Kim said...

Ahoy!!! and Bon Voyage! Dennis and i have done those red eye trips. Ugh . He too, is a lover of the sauce :)