Monday, February 4, 2013

Our Last Sea Day



Today was a lazy cruise day for both of us.  It was also “packing day” as we had to get out luggage packed and ready and placed outside the hallway during the early evening hours. 

It was a bright and sunny day.  Hubby and I spent most of our day outside on our balcony.  The air/breeze around us was cool and not too hot.  We read from our iPad and Kindle and enjoyed each other’s company.  The quiet time was much needed as we were winding down from our cruise.  We were also anxious as we didn’t want it to end. 

I started packing after 3pm and it took me roughly 2 hours to pack both suit cases.  It must have been a record for me.  This time I decided to pack one suit case at a time…starting with mine and then hubby’s.  I found it was much easier and more organized. 

We made sure we left out clothes to wear for the next day and any toiletries needed for the evening and next morning.  I had my beach bag ready to collect any extra stuff that wouldn’t fit in our backpacks. 
Around 6pm, I dragged our luggage out to the hallway for the cruise staff to pick up.  As I looked up and down the hallway, I could see several other bags outside cabin doors. 

We left our cabin to find something for dinner.  We ended up in the buffet and having our last dinner and wonderful desserts. 

We spent our last night enjoying each other’s company and enjoying our last night on the ship.  

No comments: