Monday, January 28, 2013

Another Day @ Sea



I’m up early again!  You would think I would be fast asleep with the wonderful movement of the ship.  Not meant to be.  I get up and take my iPad with me over to the couch.  I don’t want to disturb Hubby from his sleep.  No point in having two sleepy heads on this cruise. 

After several rounds of Sudoku, I head back to bed and fast asleep until we get up for breakfast. 
Hubby was asking me if there was another photography class being offered today.  I told him the one I attended yesterday was the only one.  I think he wanted to attend one after hearing my rave reviews.  I check the Princess Patter to see what might be on our horizon.  At this point of our vacation, I really don’t want to be on a schedule. 

I see Yoga, Pilates, Brainteasers, Zumba, Speed Sudoku, Golf Putting, Croquet, Bocce, Bible Study, Ring Toss, Body Sculpt Boot Camp, Scattegories, Line Dancing, Morning Trivia, Basic Spanish Class, and a few seminars.  This is just the morning line up.  In the afternoon we had:  Slot Tournament, Visual Trivia, Art Auction, Cards/Games/Bridge players, Tropical Rum Tastings, Burn Fat Faster seminar, Pool Games (Neptunes Pool), Journal  Making, TV Themes Poolside Trivia, Wrinkle Remedies seminar, Survival French Class, Ballroom Dance class, Sommelier Wine Club (Tastings), Afternoon Tea, Strength-Indoor Cycling, No More Bad Hair Days seminar, Scavenger Hunt, Princess Pop Choir, and Afternoon Trivia!  Whew!
I decided not to partake in anything.  I got tired just thinking about all those activities! 

Line dancing!


I spent some time looking at the pictures I had taken and tried to get onto the Internet.  It was turtle-speed slow going.  Back to the cabin door I went…a bad girl facing the door again.  First thing in the morning, no less. 

By the time the afternoon came, I was feeling restless.  This has happened to me before at the beginning of a cruise.  Whenever I have two sea days in a row, I’m ready for the beach or to get in the water.  I was anxious and didn’t know what to do with myself.  I ended up wandering around the ship and watching the activities take place in and around the ship.  I wandered around the art gallery on deck 5.  I enjoyed looking at the paintings…contemporary and traditional.  I enjoyed seeing the textures as well as the dull or vibrant colors I saw. 

Art work being readied for an art auction


Dinner was a Mexican buffet in Café Caribe on deck 15.  Afterwards, we headed over to the MUTS (Movies Under the Stars) to watch “The Bourne Legacy”.  The wind was blowing a bit and we snuggled under the wool blankets that were given to us.  During the movie, we were offered pizza, popcorn, peanut butter cookies and milk!  Popcorn and a cookie made my evening. 

Tomorrow is our first port day in Antigua.  I gathered our snorkel gear and bags, beach towels, suntan lotion bottles, J&J shampoo for our mask, excursion tickets, copies of our passports, small bills for tipping, etc and set them aside.  I’ve learned over the years to do this the night before.  That way we don’t forget anything and we’re also more relaxed when we leave the ship rather than being frazzled. 

I’m getting sleepy and well…lights out! 

No comments: